|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
We are seeking a college student (Jr. or Sr.) who is currently enrolled in a degree program for Human Resources or a related field with a desire to begin a career in Human resources to work as an intern at our corporate office located in Downtown Fort Worth. The internship pays $10/hr and is flexible to work around class schedules if a minimum of 20 hours per week can be worked during regular business hours (8am-6pm Monday-Friday).
The Human Resources Intern will participate in a in a number of HR activities in support of the department and learn the basics of how an HR department operates.
HR activities will include but will not be limited to :
- Processing new hires
- Producing leave letters
- Conducting file audits
- Assisting with special projects
- Posting jobs, recruiting, screening and evaluating candidates for hire
- Create and maintain personnel files for home office associates according to company guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality of files and file information at all times
- Run standard reports as needed in payroll system
- Store and shred associate files in accordance with company record retention guidelines
- Verifies license and misconduct registry for candidates under consideration
- Report leave information and work related injuries and ensure injured associates are provided information to obtain proper treatment
- Assists with internal and external communication processes, such as letters, memos, and documents
- Assists with conducting human resource audits and records maintenance, as required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization
The Intern program is only open to those Jr. and Sr. level students currently pursuing a BBA or BS in HR or a related degree at an accredited university. Must have a strong desire to begin a career in Human Resources upon graduation.
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3.0 overall GPA and computer skills to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular, Outlook, Word, and Excel. A familiarity working with an automated payroll and time and attendance systems is a plus. Candidate must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills as well as good organization and time management skills. The ability to follow instructions and work against tight time deadlines is important.