Memory Care Program Director
Memory Care Program Director
|Community:||Sagora Senior Living - Isle at Kingwood|
The Memory Care Program Director manages the overall operations of the community Memory Care program in accordance with resident needs, government regulations, and Sagora Senior Living policies and procedures. The Memory Care Program Director will implement the Sagora Pathways Program and make recommendations to additional programming needed at the community level to the Executive Director and Regional Lifestyle/Pathways Specialist.
Sagora Senior Living is one of the top 50 senior housing operators in the United States offering independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals to join our team to uphold our "Residents First" philosophy. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with additional company perks.
If you are looking for a rewarding position and a great company culture, we urge you to apply!
- Community name: Isle at Kingwood
- City, State: Kingwood, TX
- Community details: www.sagora.com/
- Status: Full Time
- Shift/hours: Monday - Friday 8a-5p with rotating weekends as Manager on Duty
- Maintain Memory Care (MC) resident safety and security
- Hire, train, and schedule MC caregivers to ensure resident needs are met
- Oversee, coach and train MC caregivers and lifestyle team
- Facilitate programming to meet the need of residents with Alzheimer's disease and dementia by following Sagora Pathway's memory care programming
- Plan and organize daily events, including large and small group activities
- Maintain regular communication with residents, family members, and associates
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly calendars, monthly newsletter, family functions, support groups, and community outreach
- Maintain a proactive approach and person-centered approach with residents needs including challenging resident behaviors
- Ensure all company systems are in place to provide quality services and care for the residents
- Coordinate and communicate resident care needs with resident family members and the Executive Director
- Coordinate a volunteer program for the benefit of residents in accordance with company policy
- Document community history with photographs and scrapbooks
- Operate program within budget
- Serve as Manager on Duty ('MOD') as assigned
- Work with other members of the management team to market and manage the community
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
- 4 year degree with emphasis in gerontological studies/recreation programs preferred
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License where necessary and meet company driving standards
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, and other staff members
- This position is required to work some evenings and weekends for special events
Sagora does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Sagora is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.