|Community:||The Brennity at Vero Beach|
|Location:||Vero Beach, FL|
Job Description Dishwasher
Reports To: Food Service Director
Effective Date:April 1, 2009
The Dishwasher is responsible for clearing tables and washing dishes.
Six or more months of experience in a commercial kitchen operation is preferred.
Must have current Food Handler’s Permit. Must be able to read, write, and speak the
English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, and
III. Physical Demands
Requires moderately heavy physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Frequently required to
stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and
hear. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision
abilities include close, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to focus. Frequently
must push or pull up to 100 pounds. Must be able to tolerate humid, hot, cold, and
IV. Working Conditions
Assisted and/or independent living community and commercial kitchen environment.
Potential for direct exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air
contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
Property of Sagora Senior Living Cannot be duplicated without written permission.
HR - JD Sagora Dishwasher, Revised April 2009
Page 2 of 2
V. Essential Functions
1. Collect dishes and kitchen utensils from the tables during mealtimes.
2. Wash dishes and kitchen utensils, ensuring highest standards of cleanliness.
3. Eliminate stains from all utensils.
4. Monitor the temperature of the dishwashing machine on a daily basis to insure that
the machine is operating properly. Notify the Food Service Director promptly of any
unacceptable temperature readings.
5. Remove from service all cracked or broken dishes or damaged utensils that might be
hazardous to residents. Notify the Food Service Director of damage.
6. Store dishes, glassware, and utensils properly for use at the next mealtime.
7. Dispose of all trash in a proper manner.
8. Clean dishwashing machine inside and out after each shift. Deep-clean kitchen on a
9. Sweep and mop kitchen floor, walk-in refrigerator, and freezer each evening.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned by management.