Driver, Part Time
Driver, Part Time
|Community:||The Brennity at Vero Beach|
|Location:||Vero Beach, FL|
Job Description: Driver, Part-time: Friday through Sunday, Variable hours
Reports To: Activities Director
FLSA: PRN, Non-Exempt
Effective Date: April 1, 2009
The Driver uses the community vehicle to transport residents to and from appointments and activities.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Must hold current Commercial
Driver’s License where necessary and meet company driving requirements. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families and other staff members.
III. Physical Demands
Requires moderately heavy physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to focus. Requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
IV. Working Conditions
Assisted and/or independent living community and general office environment.
Potential for direct exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
Property of Sagora Senior Living Cannot be duplicated without written permission.
HR - JD Sagora Driver, Revised April 2009
Page 2 of 2
V. Essential Functions
1. Provide transportation services to residents, ensuring timely arrival to scheduled appointments.
2. Operate and maintain the community vehicle in a safe and clean manner. Call to the attention of the Activities Director any maintenance or operational concerns.
3. Drive community vehicle on resident day trips and outings.
4. Prior to departing a location, properly secure any residents in wheelchairs in an effort to prevent a wheelchair from moving while in transit.
5. Perform all other duties as assigned by management.