Regional Maintenance Specialist
Regional Maintenance Specialist
|Community:||Sagora Senior Living - Houston|
The Regional Maintenance Specialist is responsible for overseeing areas related to the proper upkeep and repair of communities, compliance with state and federal laws, and proper usage of capital expenditure budgets by using qualified vendors to perform work as needed to maintain community facilities and equipment.
Sagora Senior Living is one of the top 50 senior housing operators in the United States offering independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals to join our team to uphold our "Residents First" philosophy. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with additional company perks.
If you are looking for a rewarding position and a great company culture, we urge you to apply!
- Participate in the negotiating of vendor contracts related to maintenance & other building services departments.
- Responsible for ensuring the budgeting for building maintenance reflects the level of service we have promised to our residents.
- Ensuring that Tels is utilized and continues to be a value added product.
- Ensuring that communities are utilizing a preventative maintenance program and it is being done according to prescribed schedules.
- Review and provide oversite of all general liability claims at each community to ensure the insurance company properly adjudicates and manages the claim to completion.
- Understand and ensure that each community implements a comprehensive OSHA Compliance program to include:
- Oversee the purchasing of chemicals company-wide to ensure the appropriate vendors and chemicals are being used throughout the company.
- Conducting Safety Visits to ensure the community is operating using safety precautions and appropriate training is taking place.
- This position will create a work flow for the submittal and approval of capital expenditures.
- This position will review requests for capital improvements, and work directly with the RDO and ED to ensure that the proper bidding process has taken place, bids are reviewed for thoroughness, appropriate selection of vendors and proper insurance is held by chosen vendor.
- This position will be involved with the review and over site of community renovations to ensure vendor selection, scope of work, and quality of workmanship meets company standards.
- Perform all other projects or duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years management experience as a facilities manager or maintenance director in a CCRC, Skilled Nursing, or Assisted Living community
- 1 or more years experience in a regional role preferred
- 4 year degree preferred
- HVAC/EPA certification preferred
- Experience with bid process evaluation, RFPs, project management, vendor selection, and capital expenditures
- Ability to travel by car or plane to communities daily and travel overnight up to 50% for community visits
Sagora does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Sagora is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 705897