Roving Maintenance Director
Roving Maintenance Director
|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
The Roving Maintenance Director is responsible for supporting community maintenance departments by filling in during times when there is an open Maintenance Director position. Additionally, the Roving Maintenance Director may support as needed when high volume of maintenance assistance is needed, such as times of repair or renovation. While acting as a community Maintenance Director, the Roving Maintenance Director will be responsible for overseeing areas related to the proper upkeep and repair of communities, compliance with state and federal laws, and proper usage of capital expenditure budgets by using qualified vendors to perform work as needed to maintain community facilities and equipment.
Sagora Senior Living is one of the top 50 senior housing operators in the United States offering independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals to join our team to uphold our "Residents First" philosophy. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with additional company perks.
If you are looking for a rewarding position and a great company culture, we urge you to apply!
- Travel to communities and fill in during vacancies of the community Maintenance Director role.
- Maintain all areas of the community including grounds, fences, parking areas, ditches, community houses, swimming pools, spas, furniture, appliances, HVAC, and lift stations
- Maintain service equipment, power equipment, tools, and kitchen equipment
- Coordinate preventative maintenance programs according to manufacturer's guidelines and specifications
- Maintain preventative maintenance records on each residential unit and utilize work order system to track all repairs
- Communicate with residents about the status of repairs
- Coordinate and provide full-service, on-call maintenance 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
- Conduct daily inspection of building, grounds, and equipment
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies including documenting inspections/maintenance of fire extinguishers, ladders, MSDS notebooks, fire exits, and fire prevention and alarm systems
- Ensure safety of residents, visitors, and associates by identifying and resolving potential hazards
- Maintain and control maintenance supply inventory
- Listen and respond to resident complaints and suggestions regarding building maintenance and appearance
- Work with other members of the management team to market and manage the community
- Supervise the Maintenance and Housekeeping departments of assigned community
- Minimum 3 years management experience as a facilities manager or maintenance director in a CCRC, Skilled Nursing, or Assisted Living community
- Ability to travel by car or plane to communities daily and travel overnight up to 50% for community visits
- Must maintain all licensure and certification as required by state and federal agencies
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and high attention to detail
- Must be able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License where necessary
- HVAC/EPA certification preferred
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, family, and staff
- Working knowledge of building operations, including Life Safety regulations, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems
- This position requires moderate to heavy exertion on a regular basis and will require candidates to be able to stand, reach, walk, climb stairs/ladders, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Ability to lift between 50 and 100 lbs
- Availability after hours for emergency needs on nights and weekends
Sagora does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Sagora is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.