|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
The Senior Accountant will support day-to-day accounting operations for a group of communities as well as the payroll for the company and projects relating to corporate accounting needs. The primary objective of the accountant is to administer key areas of accounting functions, ensuring all transactions are processed timely, accurately, appropriately, and according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Sagora Senior Living is one of the top 50 senior housing operators in the United States offering independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals to join our team to uphold our "Residents First" philosophy. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with additional company perks.
If you are looking for a rewarding position and a great company culture, we urge you to apply!
- Location: Sagora Home Office
- City, State: Fort Worth, TX
- Community details: www.sagora.com
- Status: Full Time
- Shift/hours: Business hours
- Administer all aspects of payroll, including, but not limited to, preparation of payroll checks, maintenance and reconciliation of paid time-off, preparation of tax deposits, coordination of wage deferrals and garnishments, entry of corresponding accounting transactions, and preparation of quarterly reports, W-2s, and other reports as required by IRS and state agencies.
- Monitor bank activity on a daily basis, ensuring fund availability.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for the company and its entities.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts for the company and its entities, making corrections as needed.
- Prepare and distribute financials and other financial documents/information related to the communities, as requested and/or required, to interested parties.
- Assist both internal and external customers as needed with accounting-related tasks, including, but not limited to, accounts payable inquiries, budget preparations, cost and rate enhancement reports, and internal and/or external audits.
- Prepare company for external audits and assist auditors as needed.
- Assist the Controller with preparation of consolidated financial statements and other accounting tasks, as needed.
- Interact with community business office contacts regarding accounting functions including:
- Review rent roll
- Perform financial analysis
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Governmental cost reporting
- Work with vendors
- Monitor accounts receivable
- Ensure general ledger entries are accurate
- Other accounting functions as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- Prior property management accounting experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication with both internal and external customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Experience with Yardi software preferred
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in the English language