Senior HR Generalist
Senior HR Generalist
|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
This position is located in Fort Worth, Texas and will provide HR support for associates working in the state of California and other regions through Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Florida.
The Senior HR Generalist will be responsible for Human Resource functions requiring a high level of knowledge and experience including but not limited to FMLA, WC Compliance, EEOC Compliance, policy development and maintenance, handling employee relations matters requiring investigation and working with the VP of HR to ensure the company compensation program represents a competitive position in the marketplace.
The Senior HR Generalist will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources.
Sagora Senior Living is one of the top 50 senior housing operators in the United States offering independent living, assisted living, and memory care services. We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals to uphold our "Residents First" philosophy.
- Location: Corporate Office - Downtown Fort Worth
- City, State: Fort Worth, TX
- Company details: www.sagora.com
- Status: Full Time
- Office hours: Monday - Friday 8:30a-5:30p
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Maintain knowledge of HR policies and laws specific to the state of California
- Assists the Vice President of HR with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines in California to align workforce with company culture in order to meet company objectives.
- Reviews all field associate terminations and works with field management and regional management to facilitate the departure of associates in order to reduce or eliminate any liability to the company.
- Oversees the exit program and ensures employee relations issues are addressed in addition to investigating and resolving associate complaints.
- Prepares periodic reports for VP or Human Resources relating to leaves, workers compensation claims, and other reports as necessary or requested.
- Fully utilizes Human Resources software (i.e.,: Relias Learning) to the company’s advantage.
- Assists when needed with the recruitment process for exempt and nonexempt employees using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Partners with the Vice President of HR to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Protects the interests of associates and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Assists with associate communication and feedback through such avenues as company suggestion programs and associate satisfaction surveys.
- The Senior Human Resources Generalist assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of HR.
To perform the Senior Human Resources Generalist job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.
The Senior HR Generalist will have the following experience and attributes:
- 3-5 years of experience working with companies who have a presence in California
- A degree in human resources, management, psychology or another appropriate degree along with 5 or more years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, employee relations, safety, or training with specific focus on California
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR, SHRM-CP) certification preferred, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of employment laws and practices of California and Texas. Ideal candidate will have multi-state experience
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Experience working with an HRIS system, Paylocity experience is a plus
- Excellent computer skills in a MS Windows environment, to include advanced Excel skills.
- Effective oral and written communication (will be required to show examples of written communication)
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must have a driving record that meets the company driver policy.
- Must be able to travel overnight for up to three days with 72-hour notice.